Marcelo Vicentini Marchetti
Lawyer specialized in projects, public law, compliance and legal management solutions with experience in the area of infrastructure and construction.
Marcelo has extensive experience in the legal departments of leading companies in the engineering and construction sector (energy, oil & gas, mining and logistics), being responsible for the contracts and contractual management area of Camargo Corrêa and General Counsel for the joint venture formed between Toyo Engineering and SOG Óleo & Gás, for the onshore (Toyo Setal) and the offshore projects (Estaleiros do Brasil – EBR).
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from IESE Business School.
- Specialization in Business Law from FGV.
- Advanced Leadership Course at IMD.
- Bachelor of Law from Paulista University.
Awards and Recognitions
- Individual Recognition Award for having demonstrated leadership and improved visibility of the contracts and commercial management area, issued by the National Association of Contract Managers (ANGC). Finalist in the world competition.
- 4th Annual Global Awards for Excellence in Case Management promoted by the Workflow Management Coalition (WFMC), for implementation of a legal information management system with automatic issuance of contracts and powers of attorney.
- Recommended in Projects & Infrastructure and Arbitration by Leaders League (since 2019 edition).
- Recommended in Projects and Infrastructure by The Legal 500 (2019 edition).
- Análise Advocacia: Business Contracts, Construction and engineering and among the most admired lawyers in Brazil (2020 edition).
- Member of the compliance committee and secretary of the board of directors of the companies Toyo Setal and EBR.
- Member of the Deliberative Council of the Brazilian Institute of Construction Law (IBDiC).
- Advice on the São Lourenço Project, in the construction of a system that will be able to produce 6.4 m³/s (6.4 thousand liters per second) of treated water, is composed of a gross water intake, a high load with four pumps of 10,000 CV, 50 km of raw water mains and 30 km of water mains, with pipes ranging from 2,100, 1,800, 1,200 and 800 mm in diameter; a water treatment plant with a capacity of 6.4 m³/s and reservoirs with 125,000 m³ of capacity.
- Counseling in the São Lourenço Project, regarding the construction of a system that will have the capacity to produce 6.4 m³/s (6.4 thousand liters per second) of treated water, composed of a raw water intake, a high load with four 10,000 CV pumps, 50 km of raw water mains and 30 km of treated water mains, with pipes ranging from 2,100, 1,800, 1,200 and 800 mm in diameter; a water treatment plant with a capacity of 6.4 m³/s and reservoirs with 125,000 m³ of capacity. http://sinaenco.com.br/noticias/sistema-produtor-sao-lourenco-uma-das-maiores-obras-de-saneamento-do-pais-sera-inaugurada-em-2017/
- Counseling in the creation of corridors for pipeline and waterway transportation of ethanol, capturing and transporting it through pipelines that connect the main producing regions of the country to the major fuel consumption centers, such as the cities of Campinas, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. The Multimodal Logistic System of Ethanol integrates in a multimodal way to the existing distribution system.
- Counseling in the CCR concession, for the construction of the Bahia Subway. The work carried out the construction of lines 1 and 2 of the Salvador and Lauro de Freitas Metro System.
- Counseling in the duplication of Carajás Railroad (EFC). Managed by Vale, the highway is 892 kilometers long, and the work predicted a duplication of 570 kilometers of this mesh, including the construction of a 101-kilometer rail line.
- Counseling in the construction of the Belo Monte Hydroelectric Plant. With installed capacity of 11,233.1 MW and average amount of power generation of 4,571 MW, Belo Monte was established as the largest 100% Brazilian hydroelectric plant. About 24 generating units installed.
- Counseling in the construction of the Jirau Hydroelectric Power Plant on Padre Island, 120 kilometers along the Madeira River in the city of Porto Velho, capital of the state of Rondônia. The plant, when completed, will have an installed capacity of 3,750 MW, enough to supply more than ten million homes. https://www.esbr.com.br/a-usina
- Advisory contract management and legal monitoring for the Angra 3 assembly. The plant is the third of the nuclear power plants that originated the Almirante Álvaro Alberto Nuclear Power Plant, located in Itaorna Beach, in the installation phase. https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_3
- Counseling in the construction of the Abreu e Lima Refinery. The work being built in Ipojuca, on the southern coast of the Brazilian state of Pernambuco, is in partial operation, with authorization to produce 100,000 barrels of oil / day.
- Counseling in the construction of the Minas Rio Mining pipeline. With 525 kilometers of extension, and crossing 32 cities in both states, the construction work has the capacity to transport 26.5 million tons of iron ore per year and is the largest pipeline in the world. In São João da Barra, the ore arrives at the maritime terminal of Porto do Açu where it is shipped to its destination, Asian steelmakers, mainly for steel production in China.
- Counseling in the construction of the Ituango hydroelectric project, the largest infrastructure project conducted in Colombia at the present time. Located in the Cauca River, Colombia, about 170 kilometers from the city of Medellín, the plant will be responsible for generating 2,400 MW.
- Counseling in the installation of the platform vessel P-74, which produces, stores and transfers oil and will be anchored about 200 km from the coast, positioned at a depth of 2 thousand meters. That unit will be connected to 9 producing wells.
- Counseling in the construction of the Nitrogen Fertilizer Unit V (UFN V). The construction will be responsible for the supply of natural gas through 457 km Betim-Uberaba gas pipeline, which will transport 3 million m³ / day after concluded.