Leonardo Toledo da Silva
Lawyer and arbitrator specialized in the area of infrastructure and construction, with extensive experience in projects, M&A, arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution methods.
Leonardo has been widely recognized, especially in the construction industry, as one of the top lawyers in designing and negotiating complex engineering contracts, such as EPC-Turnkey, EPC-M, DBB and Project Alliancing.
He has also acted in arbitration procedures, either as an attorney or as an arbitrator, specially in disputes involving complex construction projects.
In the past decade, he has represented many national and international organizations on numerous projects throughout Brazil, including railways, roads, subways, soccer stadiums, port terminals, petrochemical plants, hydroelectric plants, bio-energy plants, water treatment plants and prison facilities, among others.
- Doctor of Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo.
- LL.M. from the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo.
- Bachelor of Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo.
Awards and Recognitions
Leonardo Toledo has been recognized by important legal publications, such as:
- Chambers and Partners Brazil: Projects (2021 edition).
- Chambers and Partners Latin America: Projects (2018 to 2020 edition).
- Chambers and Partners Global: Projects (since 2018 edition).
- Who′s Who Legal: Construction (2021 edition); Projects and Construction (since 2014 edition).
- The Legal 500: Projects and Infrastructure (2021, 2019 and 2016 editions).
- Leaders League: Arbitration (2021 edition); Projects & Infrastructure and Arbitration (since 2019 edition).
- LACCA APPROVED: Administrative Law (since 2017 edition).
- Análise Advocacia 500: Business Contracts, Concession, Construction and Engineering, Real Estate and among the most admired lawyers by state (2021 edition); Business Contracts (2020 edition); Business Contracts and among the most admired lawyers in Brazil (2019 edition); Business Contracts, Concession, Arbitration and among the most admired lawyers in Brazil (2018 edition); Infrastructure and Regulatory, Construction and Engineering, Business Contracts, Paper and cellulose and admiration by state (2017 edition).
- Board member of the Brazilian Institute of Construction Law (IBDIC), since 2021.
- President of the Brazilian Institute of Construction Law (IBDIC), 2018 to 2020.
- Member of the Dispute Review Board Foundation (DRBF), Society of Construction Law UK (SCL) and Brazilian Bar Association/São Paulo State Chapter.
- Member of the Legal Board of SINDUSCON-SP.
- Member of the ICLA (International Construction Law Association).
- Author of the book "The Alliance Contract. Collaborative Projects in Infrastructure and Construction”, (Almedina, 2017).
- Co-author of the book "Treated of Commercial law", (Saraiva, 2015).
- Author of the book "Abuse of Disregard of Legal Personality”, (Saraiva, 2014).
- Organizer and co-author of the book "Law and Infrastructure”, (Saraiva, 2011).
- Author of the chapter "Alliance to the Brazilian mode. Law and Infrastructure", (Saraiva, 2011).
- Author of the chapter "The EPC contracts and the economic-contractual rebalancing lawsuits", (Saraiva, 2011).
- Professor of construction law at the master’s Program of Escola de Direito da Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV Direito-SP).
- Professor of the LL.M. in Commercial Arbitration at Ibmec/SP.