Ricardo Medina Salla
Lawyer specialized in the arbitration and other dispute resolution in the area of infrastructure and construction.
Medina is the firm’s leading partner in alternative dispute resolution procedures, notably arbitration and dispute boards, and he also acts as arbitrator. He represents national and international clients in major operations involving infrastructure projects (ports, power plants, highways, subways, refineries, etc). He provides services related to the legal management of construction contracts and acts in negotiations with public and private parties.
He is author of the first Brazilian law acknowledging the use of dispute boards by the public administration (Dispute Board Act #16.873/2018 of the city of São Paulo).
- Doctorate Student at the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo.
- Master's degree in International law (LL.M.) from the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo.
- Postgraduate degree from Damasio de Jesus law school.
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) from the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo.
Awards and Recognitions
- Who′s Who Legal: Construction (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 editions).
- Leaders League: Arbitration (2019 and 2021 editions).
- Análise Advocacia: Construction and Engineering, Arbitration, Business Contracts, and State of São Paulo (2021 edition).
- Author of the book “Arbitration and Administration: Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay” (Saraiva, 2014).
- Coordinator and co-author of the book “The New Brazilian Arbitration Law” (IOB, 2015).
Professor of arbitration and coordinator-professor of construction and Infrastructure law at the University Extension Center/International Institute of Social Sciences (CEU/IICS).
- Founder and treasurer director of the Brazilian Institute of Construction Law (IBDiC).
- Vice-president of the Construction Law Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/SP).
- Director of the Institute of Engineering Mediation and Arbitration Centre.
- Arbitrator of the Chamber of Mediation and Arbitration of Eurochambers and the Center for Analysis and Resolution of Conflicts of Peru.
- Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr) and the Dispute Resolution Board Foundation (DRBF).