Luis Claudio Yukio Vatari
Mr Vatari is a lawyer specialized in the tax and customs area in the area of infrastructure and construction.
Yukio has extensive experience in M&A, tax planning, foreign direct investment, customs and foreign exchange law, administrative and judicial litigation.
He started his career at a big law firm, working for national and international clients in many different industrial segments.
- LL.M. in Tax Law from FGV/SP.
- LL.M. in Tax Law from IBMEC/SP.
- Bachelor of Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo.
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in Brazil: Tax (2020).
- Author of articles and studies as the chapter “Contribuição ao PIS: não-cumulatividade – aspectos inconstitucionais”, published in “Revista Dialética de Direito Tributário”, 96/59, set/03, São Paulo: Dialética, 2003.
- Author of the article entitled “Fixação das alíquotas PIS/Cofins via decreto é questionável”, published in the website “Consultor Jurídico”, in 2015.
- Professor of Tax Planning at the Pos-Graduation Program (lato sensu) of Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC/SP).