João Paulo Pessoa
Mr. Pessoa is a lawyer specialized in public law, focused on the infrastructure sector. He has extensive experience in constitutional and administrative law, administrative and judicial litigation.
João Paulo has worked in several infrastructure projects (North Ring Road, New Tamoios, Submerged Tunnel, Itaquera Pole Road Complex, North Ferroanel, etc.) in the different phases of the bidding procedures (national and international bidding) and contractual monitoring, also in judicial and before the control bodies (Federal and State Audit Court).
- Doctor of Law from Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC/SP).
- Specialization Certificate, LL.M. from Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC/SP).
- Bachelor of Law from Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC/SP).
- Director of the Basic Sanitation Division of the Infrastructure Department (DEINFRA) of The Federation of Industries of the State of São Paulo (FIESP).
- Former director and councilor of the Brazilian Institute of Legal Studies in Infrastructure (IBEJI).
- Director of the Brazilian Association of Democratic Constitutionalists (ABCD).
- Member of the Constitutional Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association-São Paulo State Chapter.
- Member of the Dispute Review Board Foundation (DRBF).
- Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr).
- Member of the Constitutional Law Commission for OAB-SP.
- Professor of Constitutional Law at Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC/SP).
- Author of “As Disposições Transitórias no Direito Constitucional Brasileiro" (Lumen Juris, 2017).
- Coauthor of “Tratado Sobre o Marco Regulatório do Saneamento Básico no Direito” (Contracorrente, 2017); “Acesso à informação pública” (Fórum, 2015); “Evaluación Medioambiental, Participación y Protección del Medio Ambiente” (Chile: Editorial Librotecnia, 2013).